Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jessie J Says Getting To Write For Britney Spears Was 'Incredible'

British pop singer reveals to MTV News she wrote a song called 'Being Britney' that didn't make Femme Fatale.



When fans of Jessie J heard that she'd written a track for Britney Spears, many hoped the British pop songstress would impart some of her "Do It Like a Dude" sassiness on the pop icon. 

But as the final track listing for Brit's upcoming Femme Fatale hit the Web, it became clear that Jessie's song hadn't made the cut. When Jessie stopped by MTV News earlier this month, though, she told us she's cool with it. 

"I think [it's a] misunderstanding that just because I'm Jessie J, jazz hands, it doesn't mean that I get pumped up to the top-three choice," she explained to us. "It means that I write a song and if it doesn't go on it, it doesn't go on it. She probably had every major songwriter in the world write a song for her." 

In fact, the credits for Femme Fatale read like a who's who of producers and songwriters with big names like Dr. Luke, Max Martin, Bonnie McKee and Rodney Jerkins all making the album. To Jessie, even being considered on a level with those guys is a big deal. 

"It's just, to even have the opportunity to write a song for her is still incredible," she said. "As a songwriter, I'm still taking baby steps. You have to write 10 songs to get one good one and, realistically, I don't have time to write 10. It was a good song though." 

Jessie also revealed the title of the track she had offered to Britney. "I may try and pitch it to someone else, but it was actually called 'Being Britney,' " she said. "So, it's actually hard to pitch it. It was a really cool song, but it is what it is; it happens for a reason. For me, one thing I love about Britney Spears is she is Britney Spears: No one can come and try and steal her path, her lane and that's what I love about her. That's what the song is about, 'I'm the sh--.' " 

source : MTV.com <--- CLICK TO WATCH THE INTERVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment